However, the evolution of the two programming languages took a completely different path from that point.
Anyway, if you’re reading this article, you’re probably interested in a brief and useful explanation of these two popular languages and want to know which one is better for learning, so let’s compare the two.
Table of Contents
- Java’s original name was “Oak” and was changed to “Java” by Sun’s marketing department when they discovered that the name was already registered to some computer company.
- The Java programming language was created randomly. Around 1992, James Gosling was working at Sun Labs. He and his team were building a setup box, and this work started with the introduction of C++ language, The result of all their work led to a new programming language called Oak, or today’s Java.
- Java is the second most popular programming language and is very popular among web developers.
- The Java programming language is free from the concept of Pointer because adding pointers to the J programming language compromises its security and integrity and makes this programming language more complicated.
- In Java, the actual meaning of the keyword Final is not final, and it has different meanings in Java. It can be the Final method, Final class, Final variable, or Final string.
- Today, 95% of companies use Java as their primary programming language. Which is much more than the statistics of C and other programming languages.
- Annually, Java is downloaded about a billion times. And daily, Java is run more than 1 billion times because Google’s Android operating system uses Java APIs.
In the early days of the Internet, around 1990, Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator were two popular web browsers used by the general public. In just 10 days, a developer named Brendan Eich at Netscape. He was able to create a programming language so that the computer could receive user input data and interact with the user with the help of those inputs. He called this language “LiveScript”.
This means that the browser was interpreting the user’s commands. It was not necessary to compile the code and it was not necessary to have plugins.
Java programming language
Java is a programming language invented by James Gosling and developed by Sun Microsystems. Its development took about 10 days.
And then it stopped for nearly four years.
In 1991, a group of Sun Microsystems engineers called the “Green Team” worked day and night to build Java. It was first released in 1995 and since then many new versions have been launched.
The Internet today is completely saturated with Java-based programming, and today we have Java to thank for the many programs that make our daily lives easier with the help of Java. Currently, Java belongs to the Oracle computer company.
Now let’s see some differences and similarities between these two languages from the perspective of web application development:
Both languages require the developer to encode the objects and relationships between them in each. Extensions allow both languages to access new features such as inheritance, encapsulation, and polymorphism.
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
Both languages can be used on the server side. Java has long been used to power powerful back-end technologies such as Apache, JBoss, and WebSphere.
- Java is an OOP (Object Oriented Programming) language that was introduced in 1995. Java was developed at Sun Microsystems, which was later acquired by Oracle.
- Programs or applications developed in Java programming language will run in JVM (Java Virtual Machine) using which we can run the same program on different operating systems and platforms or devices.
- Java is used in many places, including credit card programming, Android applications, and creating desktop applications and investment-economic applications.
Some other important differences are:
- Each language needs different plugins.
- JS code runs only in a browser, while Java creates web applications that run in a browser or a virtual machine.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language (OOP), and JS is specifically a peripheral object-oriented programming language.
Today, software development companies in India and other parts of the world use both these programming languages to create secure, scalable, and feature-packed applications according to business requirements
As with all programming languages, the choice depends on what you are willing to do and what you need to do to create your idea. JS is still more of a web technology and is evolving every day, while Java is a general-purpose programming language that can create anything.
When you hire dedicated developers, their hourly rate depends on various factors such as the complexity of the project, the level and scope of the work, the complexity of the workspace, the geographical location, and of course the type of programming language you work with.
It is better to take a closer look at this issue:
United States of America