Many people consider SEO and digital marketing as synonymous terms. But these two terms are completely different while being connected and integrated.
Table of Contents
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a term that refers to the collection of all the things we do to promote our brands online. However, SEO is one of the most efficient tools of digital marketing and a subset of digital marketing. SEO is one of the most common techniques and strategies used for digital business marketing.
But what does SEO mean?
As we said earlier, SEO means search engine optimization. SEO includes all the tactics used to increase the ranking of a web page in search engine results. In general, SEO is divided into two categories: on-page and off-page. In this context, you should optimize your site both technically and content-wise.
SEO principles in digital marketing
The focus of on-page optimization is mainly on these things:
- Production of quality content/
- The basic structure of internal and external linking/
- Website performance review/
- Density of site keywords/
- Related titles and meta descriptions/
- Image optimization/
- Conventional URLs/
- site speed
- Compatible with mobile/
- Site architecture/
- Site security/
Off-page SEO focuses on things like:
- presence in social networks/
- Posting blogs, articles, guest posts/
- Backlink management (backlinks must be of high quality and from reputable and well-ranked sites)/
As a result, if your website is properly optimized, it will be ranked high in search engine results on the keywords in question, but you should note that due to Google’s new algorithms and updates, SEO factors in digital marketing are constantly changing. and some factors may be removed or added or their importance may change.
But if you are not familiar with this field, you might ask yourself, what is the importance of SEO and why do you need it in your business? It must be said that optimizing web pages is very important to attract relevant audiences, and this whole process makes it easier for users to find your website and meet their needs.
Benefits of using SEO in online business
- It drives consumers and new customers to your brand
- You can create awareness of your brand only by improving website pages and achieving a better rank and position in Google.
- In this way, you can analyze the performance of competitors and surpass them
- If you are also active in the field of social network marketing, optimizing search engines also helps to interact and be seen more by users.
- Increase sales through more entries
- Increases the loading speed of your website, if the page of your site loads slowly, there is a high possibility that the user will leave the page without seeing the content, so SEO makes you prioritize the loading speed of the page.
- SEO is the best and most effective way to grow and expand a small business.
Key differences between SEO and digital marketing
Digital marketing uses several strategies and tools for online brand advertising, but SEO is one of the digital marketing tools and primarily focuses on the ranking of a website.
In addition, digital marketing works to strengthen and promote the brand through various digital channels. Popular digital marketing platforms include websites, and social media such as YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Another difference between SEO and digital marketing is that doing SEO is almost free, but digital marketing in general may not be like that and includes strategies such as pay-per-click PPC, using tools such as SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and SMM. Social network marketing) is email marketing, mobile marketing (such as SMS advertising), and so on.
An SEO specialist works only to improve and optimize the ranking of the website, and when the website gets a rank and position in Google, you will receive organic (non-paid) traffic from the users, because organic traffic is the main source of real visitors and potential customers. You only have to pay for the maintenance of your domain or hosting on an annual, monthly, or yearly basis.
However the digital marketer’s task is to manage a continuous and continuous process to plan, provide different strategies, and implement changes to increase the visibility and recognition of the brand through online media, and usually, a team is needed to manage the entire digital marketing plan.
Digital marketing is the best way to promote a brand that is both efficient and cost-effective, and since nearly 15 million online searches are made per month, and if the service or product you offer is needed by a large part of these people, digital marketing and optimization of web pages are very important.
Benefits of digital marketing in business
- By doing digital marketing, better leads are generated and at the same time, it also improves the performance of the content.
- You can easily earn higher incomes.
- It is more cost-effective than traditional marketing such as newspapers, magazines, television, billboards, and direct mail.
- You get more ROI (Return on Investment) from your advertising campaigns.