If you are familiar with SEO or search engine optimization, you know that SEO is a long process and requires a lot of patience. But not all people and of course employers are not patient enough! This is why some SEOs are tempted to find a shorter and shorter way to get SEO results.
On the other hand, search engines such as Google have implemented a set of rules and algorithms such as Panda Algorithm, Penguin Algorithm and Hummingbird Algorithm. As a result, they can prevent website designers and SEO professionals from finding solutions that create an unfair advantage in ranking the site.
There are usually two general methods for SEO:
White hat SEO techniques are in line with Google’s guidelines. While black hat SEO techniques are based on tricks that, while seemingly successful in the short term, usually have negative consequences in the long run.
In this article, we will talk about everything you need to know about white hat SEO and introduce white hat SEO techniques.
Table of Contents
What is White hat SEO?
White hat SEO is a term used to refer to SEO strategies that operate within the framework of search engine rules and algorithms. In other words, white hat SEO means implementing techniques to improve the website ranking in search engines, without using immoral tricks and black hat SEO. White hat SEO strategies focus on providing quality, relevant content to readers, which ultimately improves the user experience.
The difference between white hat SEO and black hat SEO
Whether SEOs use white hat or black hat SEO methods, the ultimate goal is to improve the site’s ranking in search engines. But as mentioned at the beginning of the article, the ways to achieve this goal are different in each method. In this section, we have mentioned some of the most important differences between white hat and black hat SEO:
- In white hat SEO, the effort is to produce quality content that matches the user’s goal, while in black hat SEO strategies, low quality content is duplicated or published in heavy formats.
- White hat SEO strategy involves using custom images with text replacing the image (Alt Image), while black hat SEO uses older methods such as filling in keywords and invisible text on the page.
- White hat SEO method uses keyword research organically on a page. Black Hat SEO, on the other hand, uses a target keyword abnormally in all sections of a page, including headers, meta tags, or text.
- The link building strategy in white hat SEO is based on building quality links, while the black hat strategy is based on link buying.
The point to be very careful is that some black hat SEO techniques may improve the SEO status of the site, but they have a temporary effect. Because in the end, Google detects these harmful actions and fines sites that use black hat SEO techniques. If your site goes out of Google results, it can negatively affect your traffic, reputation and sales.
Therefore, following white hat SEO techniques is very important to maintain the site’s position in the SERP and prevent the website from being penalized by search engines.
White Hat SEO Benefits
There are many benefits to using white hat SEO techniques. Including:
Using white hat SEO techniques in the long run is cheaper than using black hat SEO because there will be no need to repair the violations identified and fined by Google.
The choice of white hat SEO by SEO managers, in addition to success in SEO, also observe ethics in their business.
Ensuring site security
Sites optimized with white hat SEO methods are safe from Google penalties.
The rankings achieved through white hat SEO techniques are more consistent and consistent than pages optimized for unfair methods.
White hat SEO problems
Although using white hat SEO in the long run can have a positive and lasting effect on the site, but like everything else, it has a number of problems.
- White hat SEO techniques are typically longer lasting, meaning that it may take several months for the results of white hat SEO techniques to be seen.
- Another problem is competition. If your competitors use gray hat or black hat SEO, you may have to use black hat or gray hat SEO techniques to overtake them. However, if a website that is optimized with black hat methods is penalized, it will be much lower than a website optimized with white hat methods.
- Sufficient time and money must be spent researching keywords and producing quality content, and a professional team is needed.