With the complexity of social life and the increase of people’s concern and as a result the lack of free time to communicate, today much of our work and communication are done through the phone. Of course, we all believe that the effect of a telephone conversation is very different from a face-to-face conversation because if we give our opinions or suggestions over the phone, they will value our words and opinions less. We usually assume much more than a phone conversation.
Since a large part of our communication with others is done through telephone conversations, I decided to introduce and explain the techniques of telephone conversation based on the principles of expression in this article.
By following these 8 points, you can have effective and useful communication with others make them aware of your opinions and opinions, and use them in your communication and business.
Table of Contents
1) How do I start a phone conversation?
When you answer someone’s phone number, try to greet them in a way that catches their attention. To do this, first list the catchy words that are necessary to start a quality conversation make a few good sentences with them, and use them in your phone conversations as a good start.
Next, if there is a need to introduce yourself, introduce yourself and state your intention of calling.
- Use the phrases good morning, good evening, etc.
- Speak slowly and calmly, in such a way that the listener values your speech.
- If you are going to ask a question, be sure to ask it before the other person speaks.
2) Be more attentive in phone conversations
This is one of the principles that many people do not follow. We have to accept that because there are no hand movements, head movements, eye contact, etc., we cannot show some concepts or, more precisely, feelings to the other party.
Therefore, it is better to be the listener first in phone conversations (especially important conversations) and then the speaker, thus the other party will be forced to keep silent when you speak and listen to your words completely.
3) Notebook, the main pillar of important conversations!
Before talking about important issues, especially work issues, try to write down on a piece of paper the topic of your conversation, the questions you want to ask, and the details that need to be addressed.
With this, you not only have enough time to think but also give your conversation a content order
Which is very useful for both you and the other party.
Write down what you are going to talk about on paper, but never read it off the paper during a phone conversation.
4) control of disturbing factors in conversations
When you are on the phone or someone is calling you, do not engage in other work or talk to another person during the call.
Courtesy dictates that you focus all your attention only on the words of the other party who is talking to you from behind the line and postpone doing other things until minutes after your conversation is over.
People who have read this article have also welcomed the following series of articles:
- How to speak fluently
- The most important elements of expression
- Essential tips for a job interview
- Choosing my right job (comprehensive guide to career and income models)
5) It is forbidden to interrupt the conversation!
Avoid interrupting your speech when you call someone for a specific task. Try to talk to him in the first minutes in such a way that he knows the reason for your call and gives a clear answer to what you expect.
6) Is the other party ready to talk?
When you call someone, pay attention to whether he is in a situation where he can talk to you easily or not. If he is not in a condition to talk to you or is busy doing something, he will not be able to listen to your words well. By doing this, you will waste his time and you will not get a clear answer yourself.
Note: For this purpose, after completing step one, ask him if he can give you a few minutes of his time.
If his answer is negative or if you find out from his way of speaking that he is in an unfavorable situation, be sure to tell him that I will call you in another situation. By doing this, you have given a lot of value to both yourself and your audience.
7) Match your opinion with the opinion of the listener
When someone calls you and asks a question, try not to answer them directly. First, listen carefully to get a clue as to whether he would like you to give him a positive or negative answer, then think for yourself and consider all aspects of the matter. If you are against his question or request, it is better to give him an alternative way and express your opinion clearly.
8) If you can’t answer, pick up the phone
Sometimes you are doing something special and suddenly your phone rings. At this moment, if you feel that you cannot leave your work, do not pick up the phone. You will call.
9) Telephone conversations for those working in digital marketing or sales teams:
If you are working in the digital marketing or sales team, one of the important points is knowing the audience and answering them correctly. If you do not pay attention to this issue, there is a possibility of losing customers and converting. In the digital marketing training course, we progressed step by step towards knowing the audience and communicating with them as best as possible. There is no difference between direct communication and whether it is through the phone or content.
10) Telephone conversation techniques article at a glance
In this article, we have tried to clearly explain the tips for success in phone conversations for you. Among the most important points above, which are a summary of the content, the following can be mentioned:
- Weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the phone according to your activities.
- Be more of a listener than a speaker.
- Before calling, write down what you can show your contact on the phone in the form of a clue, this will give a good order and coherence to your conversation.
- When using the phone, make sure that your contact has enough time to talk to you.